Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes on pc has different apple i and password than on my newly purchased ipad, so I cannot sync my purchase tunes to my ipad because the pc version of itunes will not accept the new ipad id and password or my old ones.How can I change pc to ipd id

I had itunes on my pc with a apple id and password. I recently bought an I pad and set it up with another apple id and password because i gave my old Ipad to my wife which used the old apple Id and password. I wanted to start fresh on the new ipad. My wife subsequently changed the apple id and password on the old ipad.

Now, when I tried to sync my past itunes purchases to my new Ipad, the pc will not accpet the new id and password. So how can I get my pc id and password to agree with my ipad id and password. I do not want to change my apple id and password on my new ipad for fear that I will mess up all my aps, podcasts, etc. not to mention various other settings I do not know about ( the unknown unknowns, as Rumsfeld might say.) Or can I sync the old ipad (hers now) with mine.?

Basically, I hope someone has a helpful, but simple answer.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 1:35 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 2:35 PM in response to Barberosa

Purchases are owned by exactly one Apple ID. So I will answer your complicated question by explaining how to set up your computer so it matches the Apple ID on your new iPad. Understand that anything with a different Apple ID does not belong to you, and will not work correctly by simply doing the following.

Open iTunes on your computer. Click on the Store. Then click "Accounts" in the middle right and sign in using your new Apple ID and password.

itunes on pc has different apple i and password than on my newly purchased ipad, so I cannot sync my purchase tunes to my ipad because the pc version of itunes will not accept the new ipad id and password or my old ones.How can I change pc to ipd id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.