Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have purchased a 2nd hand nano. How do I set it up to my itunes?

I have purchased a 2nd hand nano for my young daughter but cannot authorise my PC. It didn't come up with the options when connecting initially. What do I do?

iPod nano

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 1:42 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 3:37 PM in response to cmalam

You should not need to authorize your PC to start using an iPod that is new to you. The only reason I can think of for needing to authorize your PC, is if the used iPod has songs loaded that were purchased from the iTunes Store by the previous owner, and iTunes is asking if you want to transfer those songs into your iTunes library. In order to transfer those purchased songs, you would need to enter the Apple ID and password of the previous owner (not your Apple ID and password) when it asks for authorization.

If this is the case, since those songs on the iPod do not belong to you, decline to transfer and you should be able to set up the iPod as desired. Since this iPod is new to you, you should probably do a Restore on the iPod in iTunes, to give it a "fresh" start. This document explains how to do a Restore

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1339

If the authorization issue is happening for a different reason, please post back with more details about when it happens.

I have purchased a 2nd hand nano. How do I set it up to my itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.