Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I download attachments on my ipad using ios 7.0.4???

Why?

Why can't I download attachments (by tapping on them) since upgrading to ios7(.0.4)??

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 3:17 PM

"Download"? You can view those types of attachments enumerated in the iPad User Manual.

What type of attachment (e.g., pdf, jpg) are you talking about? What are you trying to do with it?

8 replies

Jan 3, 2014 6:58 AM in response to wrossall

What did the genius figure out? I have the same problem with two different iPads.

Here is my situation: I have an e-mail with a 27.5MB PowerPoint attachment that I need to get onto my iPad. Normally I e-mail these to myself and then open them in either Keynote or QuickOffice. This time when I try to download it I get the "Cannot Download Attachment" message. I have tried this on an iPad 2 and an iPad mini. Both are running 7.0.4 (11B554a). Interestingly enough, I am able to download and view it on an iPhone 5S running the same 7.0.4 (11B554a) build!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 3, 2014 9:38 AM in response to Will.Smothers

Will,

I'm afraid you won't like the answer. I did a full system restore and it solved the problem. (The tech at Apple support--Applecare--said that upgrading to the new ios sometimes failed to update all of the systems and he walked me through it; I had to do a backup on my computer--with the ipad connected via USB--using itunes, so it took awhile.)

Best of luck!

Ross

May 28, 2015 11:40 AM in response to wrossall

Simple, because iOS (and MacX, to some extent) have a very peculiar way of dealing with attachments.

To go around this issue, you can do either of these two:

1) Have the attachment being sent to you, again, no as an "attachment" but copied (as a file) and pasted in the body of the message (specially if it is a picture -- i.e., jpeg, png., etc.).

2) If it is already too late for one (1), then, in the message that you have in your iPad (iPhone, etc.):

A) Click the "left-arrow" (top menu, to the left).

B) Click "forward", and select "include" for the attachment.

C) Re-send the message to yourself, again.

D) Once you've received your message, you'll see the picture (file) in it.

E) Click on to select it, and now you can save it in your carousel (image folder).

Let me know if it works, for you.

Be well, and good luck,

The LastspeedoinSP

why can't I download attachments on my ipad using ios 7.0.4???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.