Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker/Docking Station for iPhone 5 with speakerphone capabilities

I bought a JBL Onbeat Mini Speaker Dock and after receiving it found that I cannot use it as a speaker phone. :-( Does anyone know of an economical system that wil do the following for my iPhone 5:

Charge my iPhone 5

Allow me to receive calls while docked (i.e., hear the phone ring), and make calls.

Allow me to talk on the phone using the dock's speaker while my iPhone is docked and charging.

Allow me to play music from my iPhone or Pandora with sound coming through dock speakers.

Optional: Would be great to have AC and Battery options

I don't want Bluetooth...I have enough radio waves wafting through the air!

I would appreciate any help.

iPhone 5, Using Mavericks 10.9

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 3:22 PM

2 replies

Jan 28, 2014 8:03 PM in response to freedaze

freedaze, What I want is a docking station that operates on AC power and/or batteries.

I want it to have the capability of docking the iPhone5, being able to talk on speaker phone using speakers and microphone on the docking station NOT the iPhone.

I don't care about clock or other "bells and whistles". I'm actually surprised that it is so hard to find these features. All the docking stations I've found use the microphone in the iPhone. They play music through the docking speakers but don't address the speaker phone needs. Thanks for trying though.

Speaker/Docking Station for iPhone 5 with speakerphone capabilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.