Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to have bluetooth connection with iphone 4s

Hi everybody

I am trying to connect my iphone 4s with my Mac pro.... I am not able, connection failed...

which is the set up?

Someone can help me?

thank so much

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 3:05 PM

11 replies

Dec 6, 2013 11:53 AM in response to francescofromsi

maybe I can help you.

move your mouse to the apple, and choose "About this Mac", then "More information" then "System Report"

here you can find out if you have Bluetooth or not, and what devices are paired with it. Usually if you look at the top of your screen next to the clock, you will see a funny looking "B", which is probably your bluetooth. Click on that and go to Bluetooth preferences, and see if you can add a device or pair it with your Mac. You also have to turn on Bluetooth on your iphone 4 first before you can pair it with your Mac pro. I think it's under connections or settings. It's off by default. Turn it on and make it discoverable, then try to pair it with your Mac pro and it ought to show up. As was pointed out before, iPhone bluetooth functions are limited, as most of the stuff is done via iTunes, such as file sharing and backup.

good luck to you

John b

Dec 6, 2013 12:26 PM in response to Johnb-one

hello John-one

My bluettoth is active and works with other mobile phones such as samsung but not with iphone.

iphone is paired with mac but not connected... so

my mac is displayed on ihpone devices list and my iphone is displayed on my mac devices list...

but if I try to connect both of them...a message on my iphone appears "connection failed".

that is incredible...why 2 devices by the same factory cannot connect each other?

it is not important if i can share files or not...this is not what I point out...connection must works

thank you

Dec 6, 2013 2:19 PM in response to francescofromsi

okay, I'll try to make this as simple as I can: Yes, the Mac Pro and the iphone can connect to each other, but

not usually through bluetooth. Usually you use iTunes and do a sync. Your iphone4 should show up there under devices after you plug it in to your Desktop, then get iTunes working.

for Mac BlueTooth support go here:

http://www.apple.com/ca/support/bluetooth

as for why it works with Samsung mobile phones and not Apple's iphone 4, talk to Apple about that. See if you can get it to forget your device, and try re-pairing. i think BlueTooth headphones work with the iPhone 4, but that might be it.

I'm done

JB

not able to have bluetooth connection with iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.