Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install CUDA 5 to use NVIDIA card in After Effects on new macbook pro

I cannot get the ltest version of After EffectsCC to use the NVIDIA GeForce 750M for Ray tracing on my brand new MacBook Pro.

'GPU not available - incompatible device or CUDA driver'

I have been to the NVIDIA site and downloaded the CUDA dev kit and the driver but cannot install. Error message: “cuda-mac-5.5.28_10.9_64.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Pasting the following into Terminal as suggested by NVIDIA here: http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-getting-started-guide-for-mac-os-x/index.html

/usr/bin/gcc –-help

returns the following:

clang: error: no such file or directory: '–-help'

clang: error: no input files

I have now reached the limit of my technical abilities and dont want to mess up my system!

Does anyone know if I really need to use a dev kit to get my graphics card running?

Should I just be hassling Adobe about this?

Or maybe there is an issue with my GeForce.

I'm stumped!

Any help appreciated.

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 4:47 PM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2013 4:16 AM in response to maurofromgenova

The message "Error message: “cuda-mac-5.5.28_10.9_64.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

means that you have still your system locked, impeding to install third-paty software, except from the App Store.

This is now the default behaviour since OSX 10.8, and of course you need to get rid of this. You want to install whatever software you like! Another bad move toward "iosization" of OSX...

For removing this lock, go to System Preferences, then follow the instructions given here:

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=25443

This will allow you to install the CUDA developer kit, but I do not know if this was also the same issue impeding you to install CUDA inside After Effects...

Jun 8, 2014 10:52 AM in response to Jonny RC

Ok so I just learned I was installing the wrong thing. It was the toolkit for developers. I downloaded and installed the CUDA driver 6. It appeared to do so successfully but afterwards I got this pop up message:

User uploaded file

System extension cannot be used

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

Does this mean it didn't install correctly? What should I do now?

How do I install CUDA 5 to use NVIDIA card in After Effects on new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.