Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber on ipad - issues

Mine is an ipad with iOS 7.0.4. I had been using viber for the last 6 months without any issues. But recently the application would ask for the activation code everytime I would try to use it. My problem is I can't carry my phone with me to work due to security related policies of my company. So the activation code is not available since it goes to the phone first and viber gets activated after we enter the code. Is there any way this issue can be resolved, I mean I could use viber on my ipad without carrying my mobile phone with me?

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 6:44 PM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2013 7:05 PM in response to Diavonex

Hi Diavonex,

Thanks for your reply. My ipad is simple wifi only. It is linked to my mobile phone. I had been using viber without having to have my phone with me. It would not ask me for activation code everytime I would access viber on my ipad. But now it does. The only change that has happened is I have an iphone with the same preexisting number.

Thanks

Skchettry

Jan 28, 2014 11:29 AM in response to skchettry

from Viber Support

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device
simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop, and Tablets (am adding here that this is android tablets, not iPad)). When you try
registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first
device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents,
etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your
second device with a different number: your home number, an old
cellphone number, family's or friends.
At the moment we don't have
official information about the option to register the same Viber number
on multiple devices. If we have such news in the future, we will let you
know 🙂

(am- bottom line, you can have viber on PC, MAC, Android phone and tablet all linked to the same account. You cannot have this with the iPad as it will deactivate your phone)

Viber on ipad - issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.