Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghosting on rMBP 13" late 2013

Just sent in my 1-week old rMBP 13" late 2013 for display ghosting issue (mine was A018- presumedly a LG panel & 3016 produced in late 2012 according to some thread on this forum).

Anyway the staff ran a MRI test which shows

(as printed on the service slip)

-MRI: Sensors testing failed. PBus:10.944 (2x4GB)

-Image Persistence Test: PASS

Anyone knows what problem does the sensor test coresponds to?

I have never knew of any sensor issue in my one week of usage but I asked her if my display panel would be replaced and she said yes.. is that really true?

Hopefully if so, it would a Samsung panel.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), i5 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB FLASH

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 2:49 AM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2013 3:02 AM in response to LowLuster

I have thought of doing that as well. But seems quite a hassle to return and then to order another one.

From i can tell or at least infer from other threads, people are seemingly getting Samsung during display replacement, and most of new rMBP (of the cases i know) are shipped with LG panel.

Not too sure if that is Apple's way of doing business and conduct of business ethics, to take advantage of less-informed consumers, and only to replace if they would to send it in for repair.

Still... I'm more curious about the issue for the failed sensor test. hah

Thanks LowLuster, anyway 🙂

Ghosting on rMBP 13" late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.