3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 5:01 PM by Old Toad
kayrakaye Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Trying to export videos from iPhoto to send to my friend.  MacBook Pro OSX Version 10.9  iPhoto 11 Version 9.5 (902.7)

I selected my videos in iPhoto then did as suggested - Export as original.  Then press Export and it brings me to Export Downloads page.  I don't see it in downloads.  Tried checking All my files but that come up blank.  Where did they go?  I want to move them to the desktop so I can email them to a friend if possible.

Bummer that I can't burn a CD, hunh?  Is there another way to send my friend these videos?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (124,225 points)

Are you using the File ➙ Export ➙ File Export menu option which should get you to here:

Screen Shot 2013-12-04 at 10.15.44 AM.jpg

Clicking on the Export button will get you to the navigation window where you select where to save the video file to:

Screen Shot 2013-12-04 at 10.16.01 AM.jpg

Are you not getting these options?

Happy Holidays

• kayrakaye Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yes, I'd done what you described above.  What I found after several tries is that the files had not actually downloaded.  It took three tries.  Then I found them in my downloads.  I don't know why it didn't work the first few times.

Files are too big to send by email even with dropbox.  Since I can't burn a CD can I save the video files to a thumb drive?  or a memory disk?  How do I get these darn videos to my friend?

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (124,225 points)

Yes.  That would be easy to add the files to and easy to mail.  If you friend has a PC the make sure the thumb drive is formatted for PCs. They come formatted for PDs by default.