Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve old notifications on my iPad? Old notifications as in 2 to 3 months old.

I am trying to locate old notifications on my iPad. I am looking to find notifications that are possibly two months old. It was a notification of a declined iCal invitation.

If anyone can please help me, I would be eternally grateful.

Please & Thank You!

Garath81

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 6:46 AM

13 replies

Nov 16, 2017 1:33 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Diana, which version are you running? Here's a screenshot of that screen (sorry about the size; someday I'll get a photo editing app on my iPad):

User uploaded file

That's why I haven't been using banners for important stuff.

I'm starting to think I should go to iOS 11, especially if it has a way to make alerts persistent. I need another calendar app because the Apple calendar's 4 point font is just too stupid for words, but as long as I have an iPhone I'll be stuck with whatever alert/notification options Apple decides to give us. I'm still having a little trouble figuring things out anyway (e.g. can the phone vibrate with alerts?), so I think I'll start with a visit to the genius bar instead of weeks of trial and error when I do upgrade.

I do like my iPhone, but whatever you think about Android, it sure was nice to be able to make my old phone do what made sense to me, not to some software geek.

Nov 14, 2017 3:21 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks. It's depressing, but at least I think I understand what's been going on.

I'm 100% Apple at home, but stuck with an Android phone until recently because it worked so well as an organizer. My new iPhone SE is nice and shiny, and many of the functions are great, but I've already spent $150 on a missed doctor's appointment because it never occurred to me that the notification would vanish because I probably touched the screen while waking it.

Does iOS 11 fix this by allowing you to see the notification history? Or are people referring to an older OS?

Nov 16, 2017 5:36 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks, Diana, I see what you mean now, and that clarifies what I miss about the old phone: the notification didn't go away when I looked at the text or calendar or whatever; it stayed in the notification drop-down until I cleared my notifications. In other words, clearing notifications was a separate operation. For instance, I might read a text but want to wait until later to respond, so I'd leave the notification in place as a sort of to-do list that I could access with a single swipe of the screen.

I guess the only way to do that on the iPhone would be to create another notification...?

I noticed that the text preferences screen lets me set repeated notifications for texts, but that would be annoying for texts I don't need to be reminded of, and doesn't solve the lack of 'persistence' for all the other kinds of notifications I might want.

Anyway, I appreciate all your help with my niggling little complaint, Diana. I'll just have to figure out how to make this system work with my spacey brain, even if it means sticking post-its to the back of the phone. Talk about first world problems!

How do I retrieve old notifications on my iPad? Old notifications as in 2 to 3 months old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.