Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life

I am having issues with the battery life on the new iPhones we purchased for work. It seems that no-one can keep their phone charged for a work day, and if the phone is fully charged at night and not plugged in, the battery is dead in the morning.

This morning my battery was charged 100% at 5:30am, by the time I left the house at 7:15am the battery was at 80%, by 9:00am it was at 67%. I had no apps running and had not used it for texting or calling.

There are 4 other new iPhone 5S in the office and only 2 can keep any charge for 24 hours, one of those phones has many apps and is used often, the other one has very little apps and is almost never used except to make a few phone calls.

I have noticed this issue began with the update 7.0.3 (at that time I had an iPhone 4S) and I couldn't keep that charged, I was hoping the issue would go away with the new iPhone 5S.

I have been to Apple's website and done all the things they have recommended to extend battery life.

I almost bought the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but decided to go with the iphone as I already had the 4S and an iPad and it just seemed easier, however the issue of the new cords was a bummer but one I could live with, the battery thing is just frustrating, every time I turn around there is someone at my office door complaining about their battery life.

At this point I am trying to figure out what the point of having an iPhone is if I can never use it!

Is anyone having this issue and if so have you been able to resolve it? If so if you could let me know I would truly appreciate it!

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 8:28 AM

Also when I check my usage, the time since last full charge was 2 hours 5 minutes, my standby is 2 hours 16 minutes, my battery is now at 74%, how can that be?

10 replies

Dec 4, 2013 3:52 PM in response to jelly-60

My battery life went from poor to pathetic since IOS7 upgrade. I have 3 imacs, a macbook, 3 ipads - I'm an Apple Enthusiest and not an apple basher, but this Iphone battery issue is making appble look like a horses a$$ - and they have yet to address it other than to say don't use it as designed, you have to shut half the features off to get any life out of the battery - I'm ready to dump my iphone!

Dec 4, 2013 4:52 PM in response to razmee209

Thanks i will try that, and no I'm using a hotmail account, my carrier told me to turn off the LTE network and use the 3G or 4G, seems silly to have a great new phone, but have to have it run slower or turn off some of the great features just to make sure you can make a call later in the day, that said, it seems to have a bit more staying power.

Thanks fir the suggestion.

Dec 9, 2013 3:42 PM in response to jelly-60

Jelly - I have to say I have the exact same issue, love for Apple products and frustration at the battery life in my phone since upgrading to iOS7.

I've spent HOURS looking at suggestions for improving battery life including but not limited to closing all apps all the time, disabling things and on and on. Even wiped my phone and completely reinstalled everything. Still my blows through battery life at sickening speeds and jumping from ssay, 72% one minute to 35 the next, to dead shortly thereafter.

Also tried the advice listed here (letting phone fully drain and then fully recharging with no noticable benefit).

Of course, I'm outside my warranty on the 5. Does anyone know what my options are, other than being tethered to a power cord or switching phone brands?

SHEEESH!

Dec 19, 2013 1:23 PM in response to jelly-60

Hi,

I have the same issue in Belgium with Iphone 4, 4s, 5 and 5s. Turned off application refreshment, location information. But still its ***** battey if teh phone is driving a powerplant. I assume it has to do with the GPS module, because GPS is a battery sucker.

I turned off the location services, but no luck on that one. I assume that somewhere in the background the GPS module is continously sending and uodating information. May be a continous update to teh mainframe of the NSA.

Apr 26, 2014 7:47 AM in response to jelly-60

Hi, i'm so sad with Apple, i'm a big fan but now they dissappoint me. I need some help.

My boyfriend bought an iPhone 5S in December 2013, and now the battery doesn't work, it last like 6 hours in charge full and only in 1 hour and a half of use the battery is dead (and no app running, and no calling neither texting)

I'm from Argentina, and here we don't have official stores and the iPhone is still in garantee. So, we travel to take it to stores in Miami and Chicago and they didn't recognize the problem. I don't know what to do. Some suggestions? Someone solve a similar problem?

Thank you,

Agustina

Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.