Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applescript click at not working

My system is used for home automation and I use apllescript to do a lot of the process. Applescript applications (app) that use the system events click at is not working. The click at line is used to click at certain points on my screen to control applications that can not be scripted. What is the fix for this issue?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 8:31 AM

7 replies

Dec 19, 2013 7:39 AM in response to bmcdo1018

"click at" was is listed in the Applescript Libary suite. Is this a Bug? This "upgrade" has been vey painful if this function is lost and I will be forced to move back to moutain lion. What are the steps for be to just DUMP Maverick and go back. I have lost function in over 300 applescript apps that have been written! Time is important here........

This example worked before the "upgrade".

tell application "System Events"

try

tell application process "Safari"

delay 3

clickat {950, 895} -- Click "Live Video button"

end tell

end try

end tell

At this point I'm so unhappy with the upgrade that I can't even discribe in the format!

Dec 19, 2013 10:06 AM in response to bmcdo1018

In the System Events.sdef the term click reads;

clickv : cause the target process to behave as if the UI element were clicked

click [UI element] : The UI element to be clicked.

[at list] : when sent to a "process" object, the { x, y } location at which to click, in global coordinates

→ UI element

Why has this changed with Maverick? 😟 😟 😟

Why does key code, keystroke work byt not the click at screen coordinates?

May 9, 2014 4:13 AM in response to bmcdo1018

A bit late but anyway. This seems to be the solution. It worked för my scripts with "click".

http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=42091

See Yvan Koenings answers.

You must always have a number: splitter group 1, group 1 or first splitter group or first group, button 1 whose description is... etc

In Snow Leopard it worked with "group of splitter group of window 1" etc

In Maverick it must be "group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1"

If it is the first group or splitter group of course

Fred

applescript click at not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.