Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The disc burner is in use by an application other than iTunes?

Trying to burn a cd in iTunes but I keep running into this error message, "The disc burner is in use by an application other than iTunes?"

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 9:54 AM

12 replies

Jan 20, 2014 11:07 AM in response to PowerMacUser

Mac Pro running 10.9.1 with iTunes 11.1.3 same problem trying to burn an Audiobook to CDs. Tried rebooting and the checked/highlight fix - neither worked.

What worked for me was to insert the blank disk prior to being asked - getting the "what do you want to do with the disk" dialog - selecting "Ignore" - THEN right clicking on the playlist to burn.

Works every time for me. Still a bug that wasn't there before, but a pretty easy work around.

Jim

Feb 4, 2014 4:06 AM in response to forkbeard

forkbeard the answer is no.... tried just the highlight first with no luck... only worked after highlighting all songs, inserting disc/ignore, burn playlist to disc.

This is an odd bug... although there is this workaround, it's kind of a pain to have to go thru these dorky steps to use an external burner. Not sure bout ya'll but if I burn with my internal drive on my MBP that sucker gets really hot after only a couple burns... and if it's a DVD burn it feels like it's ready to burst into flames. Hope this bug is fixed soon. Thanks gyandev & Carnac for these workarounds.

Jun 28, 2014 6:20 AM in response to PowerMacUser

SOLUTION:

Simply eject the blank disc, then tell iTunes to burn the playlist before inserting the CD again. It seems once iTunes is waiting for the disc then everything goes as planned.

SOURCE: http://smythe.me/how-to-fix-itunes-disc-burning-error-disc-burner-in-use-by-anot her-program/

PS: Wasn't able to post a reply in Safari 5.0.5 Snow Leopard... Some JavaScript error. It's pity to see Apple is coming down? Are there any insiders?

The disc burner is in use by an application other than iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.