Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac User

Hello i have moved from pc to mac. my new was delivered today and getting used to using it i have a small question regarding my photos i copied all my photos on to external hard drive ther are all in individual folder how do i copy them over so they appear in the folder im usin iphoto not sure if thats what i should be using but all my photos are in the 1 album

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 12:00 PM

iPhoto allows you to manage your photos easily, and probably the best option you have is to move all your photos to iPhoto.

First, open iPhoto and leave it opened. Then, open a Finder window by pressing once its icon in the Dock. After that, select the external drive in the sidebar, press Command and A keys to select all your photos and drag them to the iPhoto window. Your photos will be added automatically.

If you already see your photos in iPhoto, they were moved, so you do not need to do anything else

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2013 12:00 PM in response to Kevyboyuk

iPhoto allows you to manage your photos easily, and probably the best option you have is to move all your photos to iPhoto.

First, open iPhoto and leave it opened. Then, open a Finder window by pressing once its icon in the Dock. After that, select the external drive in the sidebar, press Command and A keys to select all your photos and drag them to the iPhoto window. Your photos will be added automatically.

If you already see your photos in iPhoto, they were moved, so you do not need to do anything else

New Mac User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.