Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you sync the calendar on iphone with your gmail calendar

how do you sync the calendar on iphone with your gmail calendar? Not from gmail to the iphone.

iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 8:55 PM

I have tried all these "tips" and nothing works. The gmail calendar will sync with the iphone calendar but, the iphone calendar will NOT sync to the gmail calendar. Someone please help me.

8 replies

Dec 7, 2013 5:38 AM in response to gmwv1999

You enable your Google calendar on the phone by entering your Gmail credentials in Settins>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account. Make sure that "Calendar" is enabled for that account. Make sure that you have your Google calendar set as the default calendar in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>Calendar>Default Calendar. Now, any events you add to your Google calendar on your phone will sync to every other device that you sync your Google calendar to.

Events that you have already added to calendars listed as "On My iPhone" in the Calendar app will not sync to your Google calendar.

Dec 7, 2013 7:56 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you Meg. I really appreciate it. I just wish that wasn't the answer. I have so many things to do on my work calendar, that I like having the iPhone as my default. I still get alerts about meetings and appts on the phone without having to see all the other stuff. I can just have my personal stuff showing on the phone. Oh well, guess we can't have it all. Thank you much!

Dec 7, 2013 9:47 AM in response to gmwv1999

All of the calendars I use are Google calendars. I have a personal, work, and one for each organization I work with outside of work. They all sync to my iPhone, iPad, Droid Maxx and are available on any computer I can log into them from. I can select which calendars I view in the Calendar app on my iPhone by tapping on the word Calendar at the bottom of the screen. I can check all of my calendars or just some of them. I hope that helps a little.

how do you sync the calendar on iphone with your gmail calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.