Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The screen on my son's iPod touch 4th generation suddenly started to develop problems like blurry lines then picture became very faint almost white. Anyone know how to fix it?

The screen on my son's iPod touch 4th generation when switched on this morning suddenly without any cause became very blurry with horizontal lines then the picture faded so screen now looks almost white but can just see it. Appears to still work apart from the picture is now very faint and white. Anyone know what could have caused this and how it can be fixed? Thanks.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 1:40 PM

5 replies

Dec 4, 2013 1:45 PM in response to adameuanandcraig3

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Dec 7, 2013 11:52 PM in response to adameuanandcraig3

adameuanandcraig3 wrote:

The screen on my son's iPod touch 4th generation when switched on this morning suddenly without any cause became very blurry with horizontal lines then the picture faded so screen now looks almost white but can just see it. Appears to still work apart from the picture is now very faint and white. Anyone know what could have caused this and how it can be fixed? Thanks.

Hello🙂,

Yes i do have a fix! . My iPod touch was doing the same thing. I had white lines on my screen. Then it use to go black than shut off. That's after having the White lines.

This is My fix. This Fix Should Work Beacuse i Just fixed My Ipod 5 gen following these steps.

okay lets get started. Yes! this is a Full restore of your IPod. You will loose all the data On your IPod Song's Photo's etc.

Okay lets get started.

Make sure that your itunes is up to date. Just to make this run smoothly.

1. PLug your iPod into the computer And open up itunes.

2. After you have opened itunes. Press the restore button.

3. After you have restored your IPod please make sure that you press (set up as new). -*(You can Press Resotre from back up)*-

4. After you have Restored your IPod the Screen should be fixed.

*(-make sure that your Ipod is running the laset IOS-)*

I hope it works 🙂

The screen on my son's iPod touch 4th generation suddenly started to develop problems like blurry lines then picture became very faint almost white. Anyone know how to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.