Skip navigation

Help! XDCAM HD422 audio all broken!

211 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 6:56 AM by ekllke RSS
ekllke Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 4, 2013 1:27 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to import XDCAM HD422 footage (1080p @ 25fps 50mb/s; audio 48Hz @ 16-bit) into FCP 7 using Sony's XDCAM Transfer app. I am using a 2008 MacBookPro and the footage was given to me on an external hard drive. I imported the footage using XDCAM Transfer and the clips play perfectly fine in QT or Finder viewer, but when I import to Final Cut the audio is all chopped up and runs shorter than the clip.

The sequence setting is set to the XDCAM HD422 1080@25 setting, with audio matching the source files (48Hz @ 16-bit) but it is still broken. Even before placing the clips in the timeline, they don't even work from the FCP browser viewer. Does anybody know a solution to this problem? I have looked for hours online and can't find any solution. Please help!

Thank you.

Final Cut Studio (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.