11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 4:25 PM by gemini704
jayboo Level 1 Level 1

Each time I send a text via iMessage it says delivered, but then quickly says in red: Message Not Delivered (with exclamation point).

It has been happening since yesterday afternoon EST and now 5 other friends with iPhones are seeing the same exact errors.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Verizon iPhone 16gb
  • ChrisJ4203 Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

The Apple server status page does not show any outages, however if this group is close together and all using the same cellular carrier, it could be a data issue for the carrier. Are you using cellular data or wifi?

• mel2steiner Level 1 Level 1

I am having the same issue and have been since yesterday as well.

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Hard to say if it is connected or not, since I have no idea where either of you are located. If you check Messages in Settings, is iMessage activated? Do you have an active Internet connection on your iPhone, either cellular or wifi?

• rvasif Level 1 Level 1

Yes i have an active internet connection. and i am having same issue with imessage that message not delivered.

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

I just read someone else asking if there were server problems. I've not seen anything listed on the Apple server page, but it could take a little time to catch up. Where are you located to try and help others?

• rvasif Level 1 Level 1

Located in Maine

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Again, reading more posts about Apple server problems. I would say wait it out.

• rvasif Level 1 Level 1

Having issue with facetime and imessage...

• Socjocke Level 1 Level 1

I have had this issue for the past two days but it seems to be fixed now. Couldnt send iMessage from wifi or cellular. Atleast this time I got the notification that my messages was not delivered, last time i had this issue I got no such warning.

This has made me not trust iMessage and I will probably keep it turned off from now on.

• rvasif Level 1 Level 1

Install latest IOS update. This will fix the issue.The last IOS update caused this issue with imessage and facetime.

• gemini704 Level 1 Level 1

I have an iPhone 5 and I am experiencing the same problem.  I noticed that this problem only happens with some of my contacts, but not all.  I have tried everything from deleting the contact, deleting all old text messages, deleting icloud account, disabling FaceTime/iMessage et al. things on iPhone. 

Nothing seems to work.  When I attemp tto send an iMessage via my MacBook Pro using Messages to these same contacts, I reveive the following message "...is not registered with iMessage."

Notably, the people who I am unable to contact via iMessage say they too can send an iMessage to others but not me. 

What is going on?