Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is not working

Each time I send a text via iMessage it says delivered, but then quickly says in red: Message Not Delivered âš  (with exclamation point).

It has been happening since yesterday afternoon EST and now 5 other friends with iPhones are seeing the same exact errors.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Verizon iPhone 16gb

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 1:37 PM

11 replies

Dec 4, 2013 11:52 PM in response to jayboo

I have had this issue for the past two days but it seems to be fixed now. Couldnt send iMessage from wifi or cellular. Atleast this time I got the notification that my messages was not delivered, last time i had this issue I got no such warning.

This has made me not trust iMessage and I will probably keep it turned off from now on.

Dec 12, 2013 4:25 PM in response to jayboo

I have an iPhone 5 and I am experiencing the same problem. I noticed that this problem only happens with some of my contacts, but not all. I have tried everything from deleting the contact, deleting all old text messages, deleting icloud account, disabling FaceTime/iMessage et al. things on iPhone.

Nothing seems to work. When I attemp tto send an iMessage via my MacBook Pro using Messages to these same contacts, I reveive the following message "...is not registered with iMessage."

Notably, the people who I am unable to contact via iMessage say they too can send an iMessage to others but not me.

What is going on?

iMessage is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.