Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch won't restore.. help?

I have tried EVERYTHING. I am beyond frustrated 😢....

My ipod touch 4 generation 8g is disabled and says that i should plug it into itunes. I did this, went through the restoring process, and midway through when there is about 7 minutes left.. my ipod restarts so it disrupts the ipod update. This was in recovery mode. So i tried a different approach and went though DFU mode, this time my ipod did not restart, however, at the end of the download, i get a Network Connection error. My internet is working fine and i also tried disabling the firewalls and antiviruses.

So then, i read that it may be the firmware so I tried the SHIFT-CLICK option, the command didn't show up whatsoever.. so i had to do it manually in the User's>Itunes>Itunes Apple Updates, and placed the firmware there.

Did the restoring process once again.. and the stupid Network Connection error appears once more, and i know my internet is working perfect. What gives? I'm lost.. 😟.

If anyone can help i would be so thankful, thanks in advance.

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 2:36 PM

Try disabling the computer's security software.

Next try on another computer

2 replies

Ipod Touch won't restore.. help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.