Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently my default program for opening any program changed to opening a safari browser for Dropbox. How do I set it back to iBooks?

On both my iPad (which had Dropbox) and my wife's (which does not) any file we click to open the current default is to open a safari browser and attempt to sign into Dropbox. I want to restore iBooks as my default but can't find any info on how. Any help out there is really appreciated!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 2:56 PM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2013 3:20 PM in response to Demo

Sorry for being vague. When I click to open a document in safari, rather than opening the document for me to view, it instead opens up a new window asking me to log into Dropbox to view the file. When I click and hold on link the file now starts with a drop box web address (regardless of website) forcing me to only use this avenue. I have cleared all cookies and data and still have this occur... Hence my comment that somehow Dropbox has become my default viewer for any files. This occurs on my iPad which has the application and my wife's which does not have the program but shares my Apple ID. I am trying to restore the default settings in safari to open documents in iBooks or other programs and not force me to use Dropbox.

Recently my default program for opening any program changed to opening a safari browser for Dropbox. How do I set it back to iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.