Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change is hard, help with some problems

I am trying to convert some spreadsheets from excel into pages. There are some quirks that are making me wish I had a computer as opposed to

an iPad.

1. When printing a spreadsheet there is a 1" marging ALL THE WAY AROUND the spreadsheet, I need more real estate on the printed page.

2. We need a way to organize all the docs in the cloud, having 12 sheets in a folder is too much- what are some other ways to organize.

3. Can't find a way to make a slash in a cell (to divide it in half from corner to corner)

thanks for any and all solutions. I have been working on this for weeks and am getting quite tired.

thanks

Laura

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 3:54 PM

1 reply

Dec 5, 2013 12:28 PM in response to Laura Drew1

Laura Drew1 wrote:

I am trying to convert some spreadsheets from excel into pages.

What are you using to get an "excel" spreadsheet into Pages?

1. When printing a spreadsheet there is a 1" marging ALL THE WAY AROUND the spreadsheet, I need more real estate on the printed page.

No quite sure what you mean. Are you printing a Pages file, or a spreadsheet? If you are pinting the spreadsheet (from Numbers), you have an option to resize the table. If you are printing from a table inserted into Pages, you will need to resize the table object, or reset the margins.

2. We need a way to organize all the docs in the cloud, having 12 sheets in a folder is too much- what are some other ways to organize.

The only organizational scheme for iCloud is folders (and by default, alphabetical order of file and folder names).

3. Can't find a way to make a slash in a cell (to divide it in half from corner to corner)

In a spead sheet, no, you can't. Even in MS Word, you would need to use a drawing object to create this layout, rather thatn a table, I beleive).

Change is hard, help with some problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.