Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronizing sound

I am very disappointed with the sound quality of my camcorder when conducting interviews. I thought I would buy digital recorder and lapel microphone and synchronize with track they produce on the video. The operation seems straight forward in FCP X, except i know that, before I can turn it off, the digital recorder will necessarily keep running after I cease recording with my video camera and also, it shall be operating prior to the time I start recording. I am a one person operation. Does this create a problem with the sychronization if the audio on the recorder is longer than the audio on the camcorder? If FCP X's synchronization feature will solve my problem, can you recommend a suitable (i.e.satisfactory but inexpensive) digital recorder and lapel microphone that should serve my strictly amateur purposes.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 3:56 PM

9 replies

Dec 4, 2013 9:22 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks for getting back to me Russ. I am a bit confused, however. My camera will produce audio. What I am concerned about is whether the audio from the camera will be able to be replaced by the audio from the digital recorder, if the digital recorder has a lead before the camera started and a tail after the camera ended but otherwise has all the sound and therefore all the necessary waves that the camera's video has.

Synchronizing sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.