Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open Itunes. Unknown error 13014

Hello. I can't open Itunes.

I have a mac that already had music files on it.

Files were located in the Itunes folder/ Itunes Music

I was told that the best way to add music files is to add the files to that folder (Itunes Music), then drag them to the Music tab in Itunes, so folders are created automatically with artists names, albums, etc

So i deleted everything on the Itunes Music folder, and deleted all the music from the Itunes Library, and added new files to the folder and dragged them to itunes.

It took a while to load, then it crashed and now i can't open Itunes.

I click on the icon and it starts jumping for a while and then it stucks and says it couldn't be opened due to unknown error (13014)

My theories are that maybe i deleted something on the Itunes Music folder that i shouldnt?

I tried downloading the newest version of Itunes and installed it but it still won't open.

Then tried to uninstall Itunes. I used CleanMyMac and it warned me that Itunes is a system app and uninstalling it may cause irreparable damage. I did it anyway. And installed it again but nothing happened.

Please help me thank you

Itunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 4:24 PM

There are no replies.

Cannot open Itunes. Unknown error 13014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.