Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue exporting multiple contacts from address book

i can't export mulitple contacts from my addressbook. When address book is open, i can select a contact and then hit share then email. the contact is correctly emailed. but if i drag a contact over to my email, the contact is attached to the email but it can't be open. the only info that moves with the contact is the contact name "john doe.vcf" but it can't be opened. when emaled to another computer that computer opens the contact but nothing if filled out. Any thoughts? I'm trying to email my entire address book to load into another comptuer (a PC, outlook). i tried exporting the entire list with similar results: all contacts are send but all detail within each contact is deleted. I also tried selecting all oontacts and draging over to email...same issue. thoughts?

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 5:32 PM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2013 4:39 PM in response to jmf007

I'm trying to email my entire address book to load into another comptuer (a PC, outlook). i tried exporting the entire list with similar results: all contacts are send but all detail within each contact is deleted. I also tried selecting all oontacts and draging over to email...

Contacts > File > Export > Contacts Archive

Save the .abbu file somewhere, then control-click on it and choose Compress "Contacts - Date.abbu" to enclose your contacts archive in a .zip file

Attach the new .zip file to an email and send.

issue exporting multiple contacts from address book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.