Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is going on with the FATAL error message????

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 8:31 PM

13 replies

Dec 5, 2013 6:21 AM in response to teachereck

I'm on with phone support now. They are moving me to tier two. The rep stated there was a problem yesterday, but they are not aware of another problem today.

I'm East Coast.

I tried on iphone, ipad, MBA itunes. I can authenticate to this forum but I can't authenticate any device. The rep had me sign out my itunes account on my device to see if that would reset it. Trust me it does not.

Ok. Just got passed to tier two. And all she said was its a known issue. I mentioned the apple status page does not list this known issue. She said yeah but it is a known issue.

Whats the point of the darn status page? Why do I have to go through 2 levels of support just for a known issue? 1. Update your status page. 2. Let your freaking teir 1 know about your known issues! What a mess.

Dec 5, 2013 10:27 AM in response to dbowhall

Same issue, since last night. Can't sign in to iTunes, download apps, or updates to apps on any device. I have iPhone 4S, iPad mini, MacBook Pro. East coast, writing this at 1:21pm EST. Changing password doesn't work. I can't log in with my iCloud address either. I have however noticed at least that if I enter the wrong password, I just get the incorrect password message. Using the right password gets the FATAL:: message every time.

I have my devices set to UK for the region even though I am in the US. Though that might have something to do with it so I switched to US- no change, same problem.

I agree that acknowledgement via their system status would be appropriate. Irritating that they are not at least publicly acknowledging there is a problem. I would feel much less concerned if I knew that they were aware and working on it. Can't find a support number anywhere but I did send a brief message via their help/contact page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.