Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload a single photo onto FaceBook with the new iPhoto upgrade

After upgrading to the new iPhoto I am unable to upload a single photo onto FaceBook as when I open photo the old icon for the former version of iPhoto comes up and does not allow me to upload any photos as the photos do not show! How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 8:51 PM

18 replies

Dec 5, 2013 11:01 AM in response to Yer_Man

I just upgraded to 9.5 so it is the latest iPhoto. I can upload photos onto FaceBook from iPhoto itself or by using the "upload an Album" feature of FaceBook, but if I try to upload one single photo into a group or on my Wall the icon from the version of the iPhoto that I had before comes up and does not load any pictures (there are no photos there since my iPhoto is now the newer version but only the old version is showing up when I try to upload photos) making it so that I am unable to post a picture. How do I fix this?

Dec 6, 2013 11:33 PM in response to MarianGriff

You're repairing the permissions on the disk not iPhoto. There seems to be a problem between iPhoto and the other apps and this is what we're trying to fix, not the app itself.

1. Launch Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/.
  2. Select the ‘First Aid’ tab.
  3. In the left-hand pane, select a volume you wish to run Repair Permissions on. In your case this will be Macintosh HD.
  4. Click the ‘Repair Disk Permissions’ button.

Can't upload a single photo onto FaceBook with the new iPhoto upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.