Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up blocker for iPad?

Are there any pop up blockers available fot iPad? I have a new 32gb air and find all the pop up ads really annoying. i checked in the app store but couldn't find any.

if you know of any, please share. Thamks.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), IPhoto '09

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 9:42 PM

20 replies

Dec 5, 2013 2:52 AM in response to ufauxreal

There are no third-party pop-up blockers available in the App Store. That's not possible, since one app cannot modify the behavior of another, due to strict sandboxing restrictions.

You can try using an alternate browser to see if pop-up blocking might be better there than in Safari. However, many pop-ups these days aren't true pop-ups. That is, they're not actually separate windows, but just web page elements that get displayed on top of everything else. There's really nothing you can do about those except stop visiting sites that employ that kind of advertising.

Dec 6, 2013 1:43 AM in response to ufauxreal

I'm think you might have misunderstood, almost any App you download comes in two versions, one free and one you pay for.

The adds you are seeing aren't pop ups they are the price of the free App. I wasn't suggesting an App that blocks pop ups. Just purchase the App instead of using the free version. Very sorry for the misunderstanding. Or I misunderstood the problem and I apologize.

Dec 23, 2013 3:32 PM in response to Alfred DeRose

Exactly... This is Apple/Safari problem! It's getting to the point that using my iPhone or iPad to search the web is not worht it.

And the other annoying thing is how so many we pages keep loading more and more stuff and changing the screen scroll position.... Reading an article is next to impossible. Safari has to become better behaved even if it slows it down a bit.

I can appreciate advertisers want "eyes" but it's gotten to the point of being useless. I don't have any of these issues on my Windows systems using Firefox. I don't want to use an app for every website... wake up Apple and fix Safari!

Pop up blocker for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.