Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fatal error resubmit password.I have reset my password twice and nothing is being excepted .

Is this just a product problem or is it something I did.What does this Error Message mean?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 10:19 PM

9 replies

Dec 4, 2013 10:28 PM in response to CarolynSueWalker

The problem is overrunning the discussions in iTunes... I tried to get some help and was given some vague instructions by a CR in chat that did nothing to fix (see below)... I cannot believe it would be a simple cookie problem but you can try this and see if it works for you. You have to have be updated to 11.1.3 for it to work (as far as I can tell). I cannot even update as I receive that error too. :-( I lost the chat because of the restart and it didn't work for me anyway... Also you'll need to log out of your Apple ID then log back in again (but again, alas didn't work for me...)

Open Finder and click on the Go menu in the Apple Menu Bar.
2. Hold down the Option key and choose Library
3. Open the Cookies folder and locate these files
com.apple.appstore.cookies
cookies.binarycookies
4. Go ahead and move those files to your desktop, then restart the Mac
If the issue is resolved with this, those files can be deleted by moving them to the Trash. If the issue continues, we may want to explore alternative resolution steps.

Dec 5, 2013 3:27 PM in response to DJ1ST

Thank you for keeping me posted today.It had me a bit worried since I had my credit card account entered in my Apple account and couldn't get to it and delete it.All this talk about hackers stealing passwords on Facebook had me worried what could be happening in my iTunes account.Glad it's over.I think I'm just going to use iTunes cards to pay for things from now on.I am very curious to what happened.

Fatal error resubmit password.I have reset my password twice and nothing is being excepted .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.