Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Passcode for iPod-Don't want to erase data

Hi,

I recently changed my passcode and just today I forgot it. I can't unlock my iPod, I have no iCloud backup, I don't have the computer that I synced my iPod with. All my very important photos, notes and other stuff are in that iPod touch and there are no other copies of them. Can someone help me? I already reached "iPod disabled Try again in 60 minutes". I have info in my iPod that I really need for next week so I would be so grateful if someone could give me a way of solving this big prob!

Somone who needs desperate help

Cas24McF

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 12:35 AM

6 replies

Dec 5, 2013 5:29 AM in response to Cas24McF

You have to restore and thus erase the iPod. The Disabled/screen-lock passcode is a good security feature. YOu may be ablet to get some data off the restored iPod

via How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Forgot Passcode for iPod-Don't want to erase data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.