Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somehow my app is not updated in appstore - not sure of the cause

I have a very mysterious problem that started a month ago or so.

I use Delphi XE4 for iOS development, but it cross compiles using Mac, so if there are things I need to check there, I can do that!

I am somehow not uploading my new app versions correctly even if everything is seemingly correct. I determine this by downloading the "new" versions and seeing nothing has changed. (I have tried his 4 times now making some very visible changes, but the app is simply *not* updated)

1) Before release I test my changes are included and working on device-debug + device-adhoc.

2) I delete all files in my Delphi scratch/temp directory on Mac where Delphi places .ipa file. I then build + deploy from Delphi XE4 for release/appstore. Before uploading my .ipa file into "Application Loader" I make sure the .ipa file has just been generated - I confirm it by checking the date. I then select it and the upload/verification process goes fine without erros and some days later I get a message new app has been processed and released...

3) I then uninstall my existing app (just to make sure) and download and install the new app version from appstore.

But after these steps, the app has not changed, only version number has. This is driving me nuts. I think I have tried to eliminate potential places where I could have errored, but somehow somewhere something is going terrible wrong for me. What more can I check to pinpoint the cause of problem? (iTunes developer app overview does not tell me the filesize os the uploaded binaries, so I can not check/confirm 100% sure what iTunes receives)

Any ideas? I recognize this is most likely a "Doh!" problem, but I have starred myself blind. I don't know what else to try. I know most people here don't use Delphi, but I am still hoping someone here has an idea for troubleshooting where the problem resides 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1, Delphi XE4

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:09 AM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2013 4:06 AM in response to TSDK

I had another person download the app, and he got the new version.

So I guess it is my iPhone that is behaving weird. I delete all ninstances of the app (debug, old appstore download) on my "desktop" I can find before I download tthe new release from itunes app store. My iPhone even displays a "new" badge when I download the newest version from app-store, but somehow it still manages to launch the old one. I will try investigate this.

Somehow my app is not updated in appstore - not sure of the cause

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.