Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't use email add as password

hello, just got a new macmini with mavericks pre-installed. I have been using Macs for years and already have an apple id account. when trying to set up icloud with my email address, or trying to change my username to my email address, it tells me the address is used already. I have found I have two accounts, the one I am aware of and use for iTunes etc. and another that was last used in 2006 for Applecare Confluence Wiki. i

I can't remember what this is for. I have changed the password for the old account, but can't see away to delete or merge the two accounts. any info on how to proceed? thanks

macbook 13, mini mac, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 3:11 AM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2013 11:50 AM in response to justgetoutandride

You can neither delete nor merge AppleIDs, you just can stop using them.

If iCloud will not accept the AppleID you are using with the iTunes store or AppStore, try if it will accept your second AppleID. When setting up a new AppleID you cannot use a primary email address, that is already in use for another AppleID, so it would be preferable, if you could use one of the appleIDs you already have.

can't use email add as password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.