Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I change the pop up blocker?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 6:24 AM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2016 5:08 PM in response to Peznin

Hello Peznin. This thread is over a year old, but I guess you have some problem with popups. The controls are in Settings > Safari. There's a switch to enable Block Pop-ups. There's also a touch to Clear Website Data. That never hurts if Safari is acting funny. If you can describe your specific problem in more detail, maybe someone can help you with it.

Sep 26, 2016 4:35 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana. It isn’t about my iPad, it is about my Mac Pro. I was told I had to stop pop ups temporarily to continue to do something on the net. Now I can’t at the moment remember what it was! Senior moment! However, it wasn’t the first time I was asked to temporarily remove the pop ups. I have been on system preferences, but can’t find where the pop ups are in the system. I figure this is not a hard thing to find. But after an hour and a half of searching, I guess maybe I just don’t have the knowledge!!

Hope my explaination is clear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.