Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How am I supposed to read books on my 1st gen iPad?

ibooks only works with the latest ios software and my iPad is stuck on 5.1.1. Any suggestions? I WANT TO READ!!!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 7:18 AM

4 replies

Dec 7, 2013 7:32 AM in response to bigjerpare

I had the same problem but was able to resolve it with technical info from Apple Customer Service.

The solution is to not use (or delete) the ibooks 3.2 app from your itunes on your Mac computer (and iPad), then use an older version of ibooks which is 3.1.1.ipa.

It is not easy to find an older version of ibooks because Apple doesn't seem to make it available it, but there are a couple of sites out there that have it if you seach for "ibooks 3.1.1.ipa download".

The site I found it on was: http://zonatrick.com/apps-games/download/mobile/UKjR0LcH/iBooks_311.htm.

So to summarize: 1) Located and download the older ibooks version wwhich is 3.1.1.ipa, 2) Delete the newest ibooks 3.2 from your apps in itunes and on the iPad if installed, 3) replace 3.2 with 3.1.1.ipa (if you don't know how, call Apple Tech support for instructions).

How am I supposed to read books on my 1st gen iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.