Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off mirror image for front camera in 5s?

I'm having problem after updating new iOS 7.0.4 when I use front camera it only takes mirror image so how to turn off mirror image.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 9:21 AM

22 replies

Apr 24, 2017 7:44 PM in response to Jon Zubin

I'm guessing that you are not taking the photo from a mirror, correct? Are you just using the standard camera app on the phone, and no additional application? I've tested again twice here tonight with a shirt that has a monogram on it, and then tested with a clock in the background and none of them are turned as you have it. Something different about how you are taking your photo.

Aug 20, 2017 6:39 PM in response to MsMendez00

Yes i knw what your talking about having that problem myself and i really dont think you can turn that off the only thing you could do is look at your front cam straight on because looking sideways or working your angles comes out the opposite way if you lnow what i mean if i look left i expect it to image it that way and capture what i looked like when i shot it so yeh it does do sm weird ****

Nov 10, 2017 10:19 AM in response to wjosten

No, that's not true. Take a picture holding a book next to your head. You will see the writing on the book is backwards in the picture. This is not what people see when they see you hold a book next to your head. It's what you see when you look at yourself in a mirror holding a book next to your head. The phone's taking a mirror-image picture.

Jan 23, 2014 6:23 PM in response to Kramerjn01

Yes I understand that! But it's not natural! Your also missing the point. So then how come when somebody takes a picture with my phone of me with back of the phone the image is he other way? (The way it's supposed to be) I wish I could show you side by side images of what I'm taking about. This is a big issue that nobody seems to realize! Lol lucky me I guess...

May 3, 2014 5:35 AM in response to Ankeet

I think Apple could simply solve this by giving you the option for front-facing photos (selfies, if you will) to keep thems as WYSIWYG or reverse them as WOSIWYG (O for "others"). How hard would that be? Having to download another camera app to do this or using a photo editor is a nuisance. Sometimes you just want it to look exactly as it looks to you when you press the snap button, and who cares if your favorite baseball team name or whatever is reversed? And how about letting your friends & family see you how you see yourself in the mirror? Why is that any less important than you seeing yourself the way others see you? Let's be a little more open-minded.

Apr 16, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Ankeet

So without all the useless details, the simple need is that if i like what i see on the screen, i dont want the camera to change anything for any reason. for example on the Mac Laptop, Photoboot gives you the exact photo you see with your eyes. Why can't the iPhone be the same. People want the photo they see with their eyes. No one needs the phone to decide what it thinks it should be. No good reason. I wish apple was listening.

How to turn off mirror image for front camera in 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.