Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (mid 2013) disconnects from wireless on sleep and fails to automatically reconnect

My MacBook Air intermitently fails to reconnect to a know wireless network. This doesn't happen every time the MBA sleeps - more often it is after the MBA has been left in sleep for 5 mins or so.

When the MBA wakes the wireless icon in the top bar appears to be searching for a network but then it fails to find one. Clicking on the wireless icon shows 'looking for networks' and after about 30 secs it returns a full list of networks including the one it has already 'remembered'. When I click this network it connects automatically.

I have called support and done a clean install but this issue persists. It seems to happen less when plugged in but has happened once or twice then too.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 10:05 AM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2014 6:54 AM in response to arp2000

After hours on the phone with Apple I still have no resolution. They even replaced the wireless card to no avail.

However, I have made some progress to a diagnosis. It seems that the issue only occurs when (a) the MBA is on battery power AND (b) bluetooth is enabled.

Sadly I use bluetooth all the time so turning it off is not a very satisfactory fix. I guess I just need to keep bugging apple until they take me seriously.

MacBook Air (mid 2013) disconnects from wireless on sleep and fails to automatically reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.