Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find my downloads

I just bought the iPad mini, upgraded it to iOS 7. Being a former android user I could easily find my downloads and files in a file. I want to delete some double downloads, and some files. Where can I locate these?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:14 AM

6 replies

Dec 5, 2013 11:42 AM in response to paradis.art

When you turn your ipad mini on, you will come to the home screen. There you will find all the apps that came with your ipad mini. If you have downloaded apps, swipe you finger to the left. If you would like to delate an app hold it down and a little x on top of the ad will come up. If you would like to go on the app click on it. To get out of an app click the home butten, it is down the bottom of your screen. If you have downloaded music or videos click the home button again, and you will see an app called music and an app called videos. Click on one them to find your music or videos.

Dec 5, 2013 1:49 PM in response to paradis.art

No. IOS does not have a user accesible file system like you are used to with other OSes.

If you downloaded somethng to an App then that's where the files are, and you should be able to delete them from there.

Each App has its own limted File area. Apps cannot read files that belogn to other Apps unless they are epxressley mopved ot the App using the "Open In" window..

Can't find my downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.