Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my billing information not accepted even for free apps??

I have an iPhone 4S, and today I tried to update some of my free apps, but was asked to re-enter my billing information. I did, with the correct information, and know that I have money in that account, but the information was rejected and I am being asked to enter different billing information.

Sadly, I am only 17, and only have one debit card to use, so do not have the option of using a different card. I am stuck for what to do, as I'm certain I only have one Apple ID, and have never purchased any apps or downloaded any using anything but my phone and the account synced to that. The only thing that I've ever purchased is a few songs, which I put a little of my paycheque aside to do, so I know I have the money.

I would very much like this resolved, as I wanted to download done free organisation apps to help with my A Level studies.

Apple ID-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:45 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2017 12:27 AM in response to Ellesmc

and apple need to explain to me how to fix it.

If you are hoping to get a reply from Apple on these forums then you won't, these are user-to-user forums.

If you currently have the card on your account have you tried just logging into it, not when trying to download something, and seeing if you get the 'none' option so that you can remove it : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support ? If you can remove it you should be able to download updates to your apps and free items

Jan 25, 2017 2:53 PM in response to FrankieTenebrae

I have the exact same problem, im 17 and i have 1 debit card and i put in the exact right information and even checked multiple times but it kept saying that it was wrong and all i was doing was downloading a free app. I called up apple but they didnt seem to be able to help much but after the call it started working again and now its a few days after the call and my phone and ipad arent letting me download any apps.... it is really annoying and apple need to explain to me how to fix it.

Why is my billing information not accepted even for free apps??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.