Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel Wireless Display(Widi) support on new macbooks with intel 4th gen core Haswell

Do the new macbooks support Intel wireless display technoloy called as Widi? Since Widi is as yet only compatible with windows 7/8.1, I am not referring to widi working on OS X Mavericks. However, since one can install windows 7/8.1 on mac easily using bootcamp, I would like to know whether widi would work then. To repharse my question, does Intel Widi work on a Macbook Pro with windows 7/8.1 installed on it.

Since the processors are capable, I assume Widi should work with the latest macs. Only question is whether the wireless card is supported or not? In addition, does Apple provide the necessary driver support and other requriements to get widi working.

As surprising as it may seem, I haven't found any answer to this question anywhere on the internet. Surprising how not many people are concerned about it. Of course there is Apple TV, but Widi and Airplay are quite not the same technologieis anyway.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 12:23 PM

3 replies

Intel Wireless Display(Widi) support on new macbooks with intel 4th gen core Haswell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.