Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding figures to text in tables

I use to add figures in tables that move with text. In Pages 09, this was no problem. The same document converted to Pages 5.0 does not accept this. The figure is added somewhere else outside the table. Is there a way to change this?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 10 GB

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:25 PM

What do you mean by "figures"?

Do you mean figure number as in a caption?

If there is a real problem, our standard answer is to go back to using your previous version of Pages which should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Pages 5 has numerous bugs and over 90+ missing features.

Peter

6 replies

Dec 6, 2013 1:10 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thank you for the answer. I mean by figure graphics or photos, anything in formats like jpg, png etc. In Pages 09, one can add them anywhere in a text, icluding text in table cells. Whereas Pages 5.0, in a table cell you can only add data with the selected format of that cell. I am not sure when WORD allowed inserting graphics anywhere in text, but I have been using it for ages to insert words nobody can edit. Around 25 years ago, ReadySetGo would even allow to declare some parts of a text as a "graphic" in order to avoid editing.

I am very surprized that a function extensively used by myself more than 20 years ago in Framemaker, and that has existed in all versions of Pages, disappears all of a sudden. I am more surprized, that I had to pay for the new version of Pages in difference to users in the USA.

Thank you Apple.

Dec 6, 2013 1:25 AM in response to Yarramalong

I am sure that Australian consumer law will back you up if you go back to Apple and demand your money back, as the product was misrepresented.

You should also go to the nearest AppleStore in Sydney, George Street or Broadway would be your best bets, and take it up with them.

Apple does have the Apple-up-to-Date program:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewtopic.php?t=429&mforum=iworktips ntrick

which allows previous users to upgrade without charge. I got mine simply by going to the App Store after installing Mavericks on an external drive.

Peter

Dec 7, 2013 4:10 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Sorry. Now I understand why you think that I was in Australia. Yarramalong is a place in Fassifern Valley, Queensland (another Yarramalong is somewhere else in Australia, NSW) were I spent four holidays with my children. There was nothing else than horses and platypus in wintertime. The children had the choice between Disney World in Florida and an empty campground in the Australian Outback with lots of creeping crawlies, some dingos and snakes. Even a cane toad was there. My children still love Yarramalong although they are grown up. Altogether, we spent more than 6 months mainly in the bush and the desert, around two months in Yarramalong. Nothing can match that experience.

Adding figures to text in tables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.