Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing aperture library from version 3.2.4 to 3.5.1

I am trying to import my aperture library (v3.2.4 that cant be upgraded due to the OS being so old) from a very old macbook running OSX v10.6.8 (that cant be upgraded due to the tech specs of the macbook) to my new macbook pro running mavericks and the latest version of aperture.

When I try to import the libraries into the new version i get an error message saying "Error Importing Library" "The library could not be imported because it is from an out of date version of Aperture 3. Please upgrade the library to the latest version of Aperture 3 and try again."

However as i can not upgrade aperture on the older macbook I am kind of stuck and can migrate my libraries to use on my new macbook pro!!

I have even tried file>switch to new library and selecting the old ones but nothing seems to happen after i click "relaunch"

Does anyone have any idea on how i would go about soting this out?

Any ideas would be more than welcome! I am now pulling my hair out as i really need these libraries on my new macbook pro to work with them!!

Cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 3:32 PM

Just copy the library from the old machine to the new one using finder. Then once it is on the machine running 3.5.1 update it it. Once it is updated you can import it if you wish.

To update the library you need to open it directly in Aperture, the easiest way is to double click it, the library that is. When Aperture starts it will give you the option to upgrade the library.

As you have found until a library is upgraded none of the options such as importing it or switching to it work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2013 3:32 PM in response to gartelhusrt

Just copy the library from the old machine to the new one using finder. Then once it is on the machine running 3.5.1 update it it. Once it is updated you can import it if you wish.

To update the library you need to open it directly in Aperture, the easiest way is to double click it, the library that is. When Aperture starts it will give you the option to upgrade the library.

As you have found until a library is upgraded none of the options such as importing it or switching to it work.

Importing aperture library from version 3.2.4 to 3.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.