Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes can't connect to the account "Exchange"

I get this message along with a password prompt everytime I open Notes. The weird thing is that Mail, Calendar & Reminders all work fine with my Exchange account.

I've tried deleting the acount and re-adding it but the error remains.

William

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mac Mini, G4 Tower

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 3:46 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 5:17 AM in response to wejens

I am also having this issue. I just wiped and re-installed OSX on both my MacBook Air and iMac to resolve a laundry list of issues on both machines. While the reinstall looks like it might have resolved a bulk of those issues which built up after upgrading the OS from 10.7 to .8 and to .9 (I guess the days of worry free Mac OS upgrades are behind us), this issue has surfaced on my iMac. The thing is that it was actually an issue on my MacBook Air before the re-install and now notes is working fine on my Air, and the problem has jumped to my iMac. Notes are working fine from my Exchange 2013 to my iPhone, iPad, Outlook on my Windows box, all 25 users, etc.

Jul 12, 2014 8:03 PM in response to wejens

I spoke to Apple tier 2 and they walked me thru a solution, it was not a KB so this is the best I can do:

1. Sign out of iCloud deleting all the local data each service at a time
  2. Remove all internet accounts and their data
  3. Go into the user Library

Removed

1. In the container folder - Internet Accounts and Notes files
    2. Remove all Cache & Cookies
    3. application support > iCloud folder
    4. Preference > Internetaccounts plist
    5. Saved Applications
  4. Restarted
  5. Signed into Exchange Account First
  6. And then that worked
  7. Then I signed into iCloud and all was merry in the world

Seems like the keychain does not sync all the data correctly. So you have to setup the account before bringing in the keychain data.

Dec 11, 2014 2:56 AM in response to itsamacthing

Way too many nagging issues with Yosemite. First I have this drag and drop issue and now I see I have this notes not synching with Microsoft exchange issue exactly like what is described above. and for everything i see that there is just one key solution - reinstall OS. This is sounding more like Microsoft these days!

Steve Jobs, please come back and save !!

Notes can't connect to the account "Exchange"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.