Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HT VAD is now my only Sound Device choice

Hey,

So, when I go to the Sound preferences, my internal speakers and internal microphone are nowhere to be seen, and my only option is something called "HT VAD (2ch)" and I have no sound coming out of my computer via internal speakers or headsets.

I recently ran a disc utility on the computer and feel this may have something to do with it.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing or no what to do?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:13 PM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2014 9:52 PM in response to Kelly Carlin

Kelly,

I had this issue with my Macbook Pro & went through all the advice I found on the forums. Eventually, the only thing that worked was to go to Google+ Hangouts, start a Hangout by myself, and enter "Settings". When I manually selected "Built-In Output" for my speakers, it magically began working. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I hope it does!

Thanks,

Aaron

HT VAD is now my only Sound Device choice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.