Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Application Links No Longer Work in Safari

Hello,

It seems something is up. Google application and profile links no longer work in Safari 7.0. I downloaded Chrome for OS X and they work perfectly fine in that. So is it Google trying to gain more share of the browser market by modifying there code or is it a Safari update that recently broke the functionality? All I know is I have had to download a different browser to get my google mail working.

If you want to test, go to your gmail and try to click the google applications icon near the top right. Nothing will happen in the latest Safari. Now try it again in Chrome and guess what! This used to work perfectly. More importantly is the profile icon (far top right, usually your picture) which allows you to login/logout/switch google mail accounts also will not work at all which makes it impossible to use this with Safari.

Apple you may want to track down what changed as this will impact your browser's market share if its is not fixed asap. I will come back and try Safari again in a week and see if they have fixed anything. For now, sadly its off to Chrome for me.

If you would like me to provide any diagnostic information I am more than happy to assist in this matter.

OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.6Ghz 16GB 1TB

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:28 PM

Hilarious,

Its a Safari bug. Go fullscreen and the icons work fine. Now go back to non-fullscreen and they dont work.

Apple..... ho..... Apple?????

Time for a fix......

3 replies

Feb 9, 2014 5:48 PM in response to jarvil

This is a Safari 7 issue. Disabling all extensions, resetting Safari, etc doesnt work. Safari 6 (Even Safari 4) doesn't suffer with this issue.

Linc is correct, Apple doesnt read these posts, they wont come to you... You'll have to go to them. create a dev account and post there to get any attention.

I live across the street from the 5th Avenue store and even there I get limited results; full support, just limited results.

Google Application Links No Longer Work in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.