Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used Macbook from ebay

I recently bought an used Macbook (not Pro) for $220 from ebay. Its a 2007 model, the seller installed some latest Softwares and upgraded Memory, Harddisk, superdrive. I've had no issues with the machine so far. Cosmetic wise as well its excellent with no cracks, smudges or chips anywhere. Battery as expected from an used laptop, stand for max 2 hrs without being plugged in - no complaints there. I already have a Macbook Pro that I purchased directly from Apple stpre and I knw it gets heated a lil bit if I keep it on bed. The same behaviour with this laptop as well.

I was wondering how they can sell a wonderfully working laptop so cheap?Can somone tell me wht could be the catch here?

Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:42 PM

Ammsan wrote:

I was wondering how they can sell a wonderfully working laptop so cheap?Can somone tell me wht could be the catch here?

Thanks.

its an almost 7 year old computer. Also, it's an auction site so the highest bidder wins. If no one lese is bidding and their is no reserve, you can get is cheaply.

11 replies

Dec 5, 2013 5:08 PM in response to Ammsan

It's a steal. I doubt that the seller included its original System Install DVD because approximately 0% of eBay sellers do, and sellers who include everything that should be included command a premium price, sometimes hundreds more. Empty Mac cardboard boxes alone sell from $20 to $40.

You can purchase a replacement disc from Apple. You should do that. Call the phone number in the Apple Online Store. The price is reasonable; $25 or so. Apple will need your MacBook's serial number: MacBook: How to find the serial number. Explain that you need a replacement set of original discs and do not give up until you speak to someone who understands what you require.

Used Macbook from ebay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.