Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CIJScannerRegister and constant chatter on UDP 8612

i don't have a Canon scanner/printer. never did. so why is this useless process (CIJScannerRegister) running on my machine, and a noisy nuisance on my network? is Apple ever going to fix this? or even acknowledge it.

Process: CIJScannerRegister [422]

Path: /Library/Image Capture/Support/LegacyDeviceDiscoveryHelpers/CIJScannerRegister.app/Contents/Ma cOS/CIJScannerRegister

Load Address: 0x100000000

Identifier: jp.co.canon.cijscannerregister

Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)

Build Info: Canon_ICAMPSeries07xx_PrinterSupport-240100~4

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [154]

Date/Time: 2013-12-05 22:38:24.646 -0400

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Report Version: 7

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 6:48 PM

10 replies

Dec 6, 2013 12:43 PM in response to Eric Root

thanks, yeah i've seen that 'solution', and apparently CIJScannerRegister.app comes back, after being deleted. there should be an easier method to disable rogue processes, instead of having to hunt through OS directories, searching for system files to delete.

a permanent fix from Apple isn't too much to ask, they've known about it long enough.

Dec 24, 2013 2:38 PM in response to techcafe

tech --

It's pretty obvious that you are beyond annoyed by this problem. We are all other Mac users trying to help each other share solutions. So your attitude towards Eric in uncalled for.

First of all something put that driver on there. It was either you, or another app that includes the driver. It was not Apple that put it on there.

Secondly, no one but the Original Poster can mark a post as solved or helpful. It seems that it is all too easy for new original posters to work the rating system correctly. At any rate, it certainly wasn't Eric's fault.

In the thread that Eric linked for you, there are several new responses to the situation. Did you try the last one using Terminal? Also, if that driver is listed in the Login or Startup perferences, you need to delete that plist first. Other wise it will come back, because it's scheduled to startup.

You're welcome.

CIJScannerRegister and constant chatter on UDP 8612

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.