Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to access my files through another user account?

Hi! Okay I have been through so many of these and tried all of them. None have worked.

Basically I havent been able to log into my main account. It starts to log in, goes to a blue screen then back to the log in page. I tried to solve this issue but failed. 😟 All Im worried about are my files, photo's and documents etc. (I was stupid and didnt back any of it up, regretting that now!). So someone suggested making a new account and trying to move the files to that account.... I made a new admin, I have found the files but isssue here is they are blocked. I havent given permission for other accounts to access them.

User uploaded file

Any tips would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 6:30 PM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2013 4:08 PM in response to tskil5802

You could either use this admin account to modify the permissions on the folders by right clicking and using Get Info. Then give yourself Read & Write access. Be aware this might affect the files.

You could alternatively enable the root user and log in using that as it will bypass the permissions. Meaning you can access your files without having to modify anything. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1528 for more information on how to do that.

Is there a way to access my files through another user account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.