Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with our Iphoto calendar!

This is our 6th year of making calendars for our family. In true Apple fashion, this year they decided we had to upgrade all our software (at a cost to boot). After a painful two days involving a couple of IT techs and sever patience on our behalf, the software was installed.

Now we are having all kinds of issues with Iphoto Calendars...

- the program seems to be populating random photos into our project for our 2014 Calendar.

- It is almost impossible to figure out how to place a picture on the cover, even though it is placed there, it is invisible. We got around this by spending 20 minutes continually placing pictures on the cover until finally one of them stayed visible, we then replaced it with the picture we wanted.

- We are unable to write the text in the bottom text box of the calendar - the font is invisible and all over the place, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

- When we view 'all projects', none of the covers (from previous projecs) are shown and seem to be dissappearing when we open the project.

I have been unable to find any help so far, maybe we just got bad software. Although my experience with Mac always seems to end up in frustration.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 8:02 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2014 7:10 AM in response to ihateappleandmac

Rick,

I was just starting a new discussion topic when I saw your post. I have the same issues and I was hoping to see an answer to your dilemma. I recently upgraded from 08 to 11. I have a series of books and calendars that fail to show the cover photo and text. I was able to fix it on a few of the books by removing, editing, then replacing photo, changing size of font in the title boxes, etc. (not really sure what the actual fix was). On a few others, there seems to be no fix. For example, I cannot get the cover photo and text to appear on the Calendars no matter what I do. I've tried everything. In the library of project photos, it's marked as the "cover " photo. It just doesn't show up on the actual project. I'll be monitoring your discussion with the hope that somebody out there will help. Thanks,

Andy

Jan 20, 2014 11:14 AM in response to ihateappleandmac

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a potential solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what version did you have prior to upgrading?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

OT

I need help with our Iphoto calendar!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.