5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2013 12:57 AM by léonie
ray34 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have Aperture version 3.5.1 on Mac Pro version OS X 10.9, various file formats (RAW, Tiff or JPG) .

When using Aperture w/ split screen (Viewer/browser) images jump w/o clicking to change in browser.

When working on image in viewer it suddenly changes to another image; w/o cursor being in or near browser.

Any suggestions or similar occurrences?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (63,990 points)

Any suggestions or similar occurrences?

Are you using a Trackpad or a mouse? With a trackpad, it sometimes can happen, that dust or dirt on the surface will simulate a second finger touching the trackpad, and this can cause unintended gestures.

Otherwise I have no idea.

What exactly are you doing in splitview, when the problem occurs? Are you adjusting images or tagging images, or simply browsing?

• ray34 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry hit solved button in error.

Using mouse.

Use split view to see all downloaded images to select which to adjust.

No particular action or process when suddenly changes to next image either left or right in browser.

Sorry hit solved button in error.

Sorry, that cannot be undone. You might want to post your question again in a new dicussion, for with this thread marked as solved, it is not very likely that someone else will look into it.

I have never seen similar happening with a mouse. Does the same happen, when you are browsing a different library? Try to create a new test library, import a few images and see, what will happen, when you are browsing in split view.

If this works well with a new library, try the Aperture Library First AId tools on your main library.

Repair permissions and repair the library:  See Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

• ray34 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi Leonie,

I think may have solved the problem, as seems it is the mouse, which is an Apple magic mouse.

I checked prefs & had "scroll direction natural" turned on, when off the images are stable in Aperture.

So will leave off & see how it goes.

Thanks again appreciate your interest.

Merry Christmas!!

I checked prefs & had "scroll direction natural" turned on, when off the images are stable in Aperture.

That is an interesting discovery. If you can reproduce this error by toggling this options on and off, I'd send a bug report to Apple, so they can fix it. Use the Feedback form:

Apple - Aperture - Feedback

Merry Christmas to you too!