Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images unstable in preview

Have Aperture version 3.5.1 on Mac Pro version OS X 10.9, various file formats (RAW, Tiff or JPG) .

When using Aperture w/ split screen (Viewer/browser) images jump w/o clicking to change in browser.

When working on image in viewer it suddenly changes to another image; w/o cursor being in or near browser.

Any suggestions or similar occurrences?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 5:27 AM

Are you using a Trackpad or a mouse? With a trackpad, it sometimes can happen, that dust or dirt on the surface will simulate a second finger touching the trackpad, and this can cause unintended gestures.

Otherwise I have no idea.

What exactly are you doing in splitview, when the problem occurs? Are you adjusting images or tagging images, or simply browsing?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2013 5:27 AM in response to ray34

Are you using a Trackpad or a mouse? With a trackpad, it sometimes can happen, that dust or dirt on the surface will simulate a second finger touching the trackpad, and this can cause unintended gestures.

Otherwise I have no idea.

What exactly are you doing in splitview, when the problem occurs? Are you adjusting images or tagging images, or simply browsing?

Dec 6, 2013 1:22 PM in response to ray34

Sorry hit solved button in error.

Sorry, that cannot be undone. You might want to post your question again in a new dicussion, for with this thread marked as solved, it is not very likely that someone else will look into it.

I have never seen similar happening with a mouse. Does the same happen, when you are browsing a different library? Try to create a new test library, import a few images and see, what will happen, when you are browsing in split view.

If this works well with a new library, try the Aperture Library First AId tools on your main library.

Repair permissions and repair the library: See Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

Dec 7, 2013 12:19 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

I think may have solved the problem, as seems it is the mouse, which is an Apple magic mouse.

I checked prefs & had "scroll direction natural" turned on, when off the images are stable in Aperture.

So will leave off & see how it goes.

Thanks again appreciate your interest.

Merry Christmas!!

Images unstable in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.