Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring apps from one iPad to another, keeping same Apple ID

I am shortly getting the new iPad Air and would appreciate help from community members as I am not very good 'computer wise'. I would I like to use the same Apple ID on my old iPad and the new one, and would also like to have separate names for them. I want to also just transfer some of the games apps from The old iPad to the new one, and also want my new iPad to receive emails. Thank you so much, ..also any other tips that might prove useful,would be much appreciated.

iPad

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 3:50 AM

You can name the iPads anything that you like in Settings>General>About>Name. You can change/rename your devices any time that you want to do so.

This support article will explain how you can transfer apps and data from the current iPad to the new one.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

1 reply

Transferring apps from one iPad to another, keeping same Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.