Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move my books from the ibook store to my Android device? I bought the book, so I have every right to move it as I see fit!

The new Ibooks on Mac computers is about the worst thing to happen to Apple in a long time. I bought a book from the Ibook store, and I want to move it to my adnroid device. The thing is refusing to let me move my purchase. I mean, I used my money to purchase a BOOK. How does it make sense that I am limited in the movement of my book, somethng I purchased with my money? Can someone PLEASE explain how that is possible?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 5:32 AM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2013 6:52 AM in response to omon0902

First of all, you posted in completely the wrong section.

It says right on the purchase page that you need an iOS device.

The publishers want restrictions on what devices can read the books to make sure everyone pays.

In any case, if you ask google there are lots of converters such as Epubsoft Ebook Converter

I have never used it myself though.

Dec 6, 2013 7:06 AM in response to omon0902

Converters cannot convert any of the paid books, since those by demand of the book publishers carry copy protection and Apple has not provided a reader app for Android (or any other non-Apple platform). As Richard said, you can only view those books on an iOS device or a Mac running OS X 10.9. You cannot use them on Android device. If you want books that you can view on both your Mac and your Android device, you should purchase from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Google Books. They all provide reader apps for multiple platforms.

Regards.

How can I move my books from the ibook store to my Android device? I bought the book, so I have every right to move it as I see fit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.